Newburgh could really use a grant like this for Broadway or the Liberty Street business district! There will be a new grants category to keep up with grants suitable for Newburgh homeowners, businesses, and artists. Feel free to email any grant information to be posted on the blog.
Deadline: Contact NYMS (below)
Purpose: New York Main Street (NYMS) provides funds to stimulate reinvestment in properties located within mixed use commercial districts located in urban, small town and rural areas of New York State. The funds can be used for:
- rehabilitation of traditional commercial building stock
- fostering small business development
- expanding affordable housing opportunities with accessible upper-floor units
- local-level community renewal programs
- preserving significant or historic buildings
- attracting new investment for adaptive reuse
- bringing vacant commercial space into code compliance so that it can be occupied.
For more information: Please contact New York Main Street at Hampton Plaza, 38-40 State Street, 9th Floor, Albany NY 12207,
phone (518) 474-2057, fax (518) 474-5247, email MainStreet@nyshcr.org