In citing Washington’s Headquarters, the Greater Hudson Heritage Network stated that the award was given “in recognition of the effort to increase Washington’s Headquarters visibility and presence within Newburgh by leading an effort to promote community organizations and volunteer opportunities.”
The Volunteer Fair was tremendously successful in regard to the number of attendees who ultimately signed up to volunteer their time and services. The response has led to the planning of the 2nd Annual Newburgh Volunteer Fair to be held at Washington’s Headquarters on May 5, 2012. Organizations who would like to learn more, or be put on the mailing list for next year’s event, should contact Elyse B. Goldberg, Historic Site Manager at 845-562-1195 to make arrangements.
Washington’s Headquarters State Historic Site is a registered national historic landmark. It is located at the corner of Liberty and Washington Streets within the city of Newburgh’s East End Historic District. The site is one of 35 historic sites within the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation and is one of 24 facilities administered by the Palisades Interstate Park Commission in New York and New Jersey. For further information contact: (845) 562-1195. For more information about New York State Parks, please visit our website at www.nysparks. com.
Press release from Elyse B. Goldberg