This whole block of 5 buildings on South Street between Liberty and Chambers Streets is for sale. A previous deal has fallen through and they are back on the market. I thought it was a good time to share these properties now.
These buildings are being sold individually although the most impactful development of these properties might be as a group. Newburgh isn’t like other Hudson Valley cities or towns with just one main commercial thoroughfare. This example at South Street shows the various commercial corridors that can be found in the City of Newburgh. Most people focus on the residential income potential but the 5 storefronts could use thoughtful placemaking development that would uplift and benefit the community. They are located right off the northern end of Liberty Street. A few projects and properties to watch that can speed the momentum of development of this area are: Weigand’s Tavern, the Girdle Factory, 307 and 315 Liberty Street, and others that are for sale.
Below are the individual listings in this sale:
- 142 South Street, Newburgh NY $140,000
- 140 South Street, Newburgh NY $109,000
- 138 South Street, Newburgh NY $89,000
- 136 South Street, Newburgh NY $125,000
- 134 South Street, Newburgh NY $149,000
- 301 Liberty Street, Newburgh NY $159,000
- 174 Chambers Street, Newburgh NY $139,000
A hopeful rendering