PROFILE: Downtown enthusiast passionate about revitalization, preservation, placemaking and urbanism. Land use and zoning experience. Have successfully drawn national attention to the revitalization of the City of Newburgh via hyper-local blog, Newburgh Restoration. Possess a Master’s degree in Urban Planning. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Urban Cartographics. NY, NY.
Sept. 2015-Aug. 2016
- Project management of a zoning and consultancy firm that specializes in maps, graphics, and planning studies for projects going before the New York City Department of City Planning and Board of Standards and Appeals
- Created detailed radius diagram maps, area maps, zoning and tax maps per BSA and DCP specifications using QGIS and CorelDraw
- Photographed sites and created presentations per BSA and DCP specifications
- Filed cases for review at the Board of Standards and Appeals and attended hearings
- Conducted on-site transportation studies, traffic counting and neighborhood character studies
- Researched the historical use of buildings at the NYC Department of Records, NYC Public Library and NYC Historical Society
- Conducted emission surveys and permit research at the Department of Environmental Protection
Newburgh Restoration. Newburgh, NY.
Creator and Editor
- Launched a website dedicated to the revitalization and promotion of the City of Newburgh that attracts 15,000 visits monthly and has over 14,000 social media followers
- Contributed to media mentions for Newburgh in The New York Times, Chronogram Magazine, Preservation Magazine, Al Jazeera and HGTV
- Accomplished home purchases of vacant and abandoned homes, revitalization, economic growth and two urban design studies by Columbia University
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. NY, NY.
Nov. 2008-Sept. 2015
- Performed routine administrative activities to maintain the smooth operation of the office and laboratory
- Assisted in the accurate preparation of complex documents and assisted with the coordination and organization of timely grants submissions and similar projects
- Maintained calendars, created agendas, and coordinated with visitors to maintain Principal Investigator’s schedule
- Completed reimbursement and invoice paperwork, and monitored expenses and payments
- Planned travel, events, and visits, and completed personnel-related paperwork for lab members
- Writing & Editing
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Community Outreach
- Social Media
City University of New York at Hunter College. Masters in Urban Planning. 2015
City University of New York at Hunter College. BA in Psychology. 2006
AWARDS & HONORABLE MENTIONS:
City of Newburgh sets property sales record in 2016, 2016. Mid-Hudson Times
Reimagining Queens Boulevard for All, 2015. Studio Project
Cher Vick: One Woman’s Quest to Transform a City, 2013. Circa Magazine.
Outstanding Service to Preservation in Newburgh, 2012. Newburgh Preservation Association.