- This event has passed.
Quassaick Creek Watershed Alliance Mtg
February 22 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Quassaick Creek Watershed Alliance Mtg.
Feb. 22, 2017, 4:30 PM
Hudson Valley Regional Council, 2nd Floor, 3 Washington Center, Newburgh
1. Hudson River Watershed Alliance: Quassaick Creek water budget project: Maureen
2. QCWA Structure ad hoc Comm. report: John G.
This ad hoc committee recommends that QCWA form a Steering Committee (SC) to assist in governance of the QCWA. The SC would consist of 5 volunteers of the QCWA. Some of the functions of the SC would be to assist in management of funds, grants, bank accounts, organizational direction and continuity, and to recommend possible future organizational changes such as registering with NYS, membership, etc.
The following, who currently serve in key functions, were suggested as possible candidates for this committee, as well as anyone of our regular volunteers that would be interested in a SC position. The pool of candidates will select the five to initially serve on the SC:
Jack Caldwell, WAVE Sampling; Chris Eachus, Educational Outreach; Bill Fetter, Streamwalks; John Gebhards, QCWA Coordinator; Ted Kohlmann, Trees for Tribs; John McLaughlin, Enterococcus sampling; Kelly Morris, QCW Management Plan, Peter Smith, Water Resources; and Nick Tulve, Eel Counting.
3. Source Water Protection Letter to Gov. Coumo and others: Peter
4. Stream Monitoring Comm. report:
– Eel Count 2017: Wayne
– Bushfield Creek Stream Walk report and 2017 QC walks status: Bill
– Focus on drinking water supply, possible enterococcus sampling above Chadwick
Lake: John Mc
5. Trees for Tribs locations for spring: Ted
6. RiverSweep Saturday, May 6, select location for clean up or other activity: Peter
7. QC Estuary Trail status: John
8. Next meeting: March 29, 2017 at Hudson Valley Regional Council, 2nd Floor, 3
Washington Center, Newburgh
9. Up coming events: ?