Art Tour this Weekend. Suggestions?

Home Forums Newburgh Art Scene Art Tour this Weekend. Suggestions?

Topic: Art Tour this Weekend. Suggestions?

Newburgh Art Scene September 23, 2013 at 10:55 am

Art Tour this Weekend. Suggestions?

Hey everyone,
I’m coming up from the city this Saturday to check out some of the artists participating in the open studio tour. Any recommendations of favorite artists to check out?
thanks!

4 Replies Add Reply

I’m partial to Bruno Gordon, but there will be a few at the Newburgh Art Supply, and a great exhibit at the Ann St Gallery.

But, if you can come up Friday, the Manhattan Shorts (film festival) is playing at OCCC in Newburgh.

And, the Newburgh Free library is also featuring a free film “Food Matters” on Sat afternoon..

And, if you are really ambitious, and love the art of motorcycles, try to make it over to Motorcyclepedia! (they have an amazing Indian exhibit, among others..)

See you in Newburgh!

I posted your comment to the fanpage, here are some replies:

TKraft Art & Interiors: I have to many to list and will check out new favorites. But I strongly recommend you get an early start, grab a map and check out as many Open Studios as you can if not all of them… keeping in mind that a good part of this event is meeting the artist in the studios, socializing with other visitors (a lot of other creatives strolling the streets and studios) and taking in the revitalization of this Hudson River city, including what some may call – the good, the bad and the ugly because to me it’s all beautiful!

Arts in Orange: Kevin Kearns & Will Terran will certainly be on my list!

Thanks for the input. I’ll be sure to take in as much as I can. Hannah: I’ve seen “Food Matters”, good stuff! Sadly I won’t have time to get there on Friday.

Tour was great! As luck would have it, Hannah (who I only knew from this site) gave me a ride from the train station and we realized who each other was! Thanks Hannah! Great work by all the artists involved. Weather was perfect for walking around.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or