Newburgh Candlelight Tour

Home Forums General Newburgh Discussion Newburgh Candlelight Tour

Topic: Newburgh Candlelight Tour

General Newburgh Discussion September 18, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Newburgh Candlelight Tour

The Historical Society of Newburgh Bay and the Highlands will be holding its annual Candlelight Tour on the second Sunday of December, Dec. 9th. It will begin at the Crawford House which is traditionally decorated with wonderful wreaths, garlands, and other greens and flowers typical of the 19th Century, the period when Capt. David Crawford built the house—1830—and lived there with his wife and two children. We are currently looking for other homeowners to share their homes with members of the public who so enjoy this annual event. The people on our tour are so appreciative of homeowners who open up their historic or architecturally interesting homes in the Newburgh area for one day from noon to 5:00. It is very much a family affair as most of the people on the tour have been coming to us for years, often bringing their friends along with them. We feel it is one of the great events in Newburgh, showing its historic side, its charming houses and the gracious hospitality of our homeowners.
So if you own an interesting or unique or historic home and would like to share in this wonderful experience (as I have, twice) please contact me, and I will be sure to get back with you soon. Or, if you know someone whom you feel might be interested, let me know as well or have that person contact me.
Thanks, Warren Cahill, Tour Co-ordinator,,jwcahill716@gmail.com

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or