- This event has passed.
August 31, 2017 @ 5:45 pm - 7:00 pmFree
10th Navigating Newburgh Meeting
“Meet The Candidates Take Two”
Thursday August 31st at 5:45 PMFor our 10th informal meeting we will have an introduction about the election and then we would like each candidate to give a 3 minute introduction about themselves. After the introductions we will open the meeting to the group to ask questions of the candidates. The Candidates will have 1 minute to answer the question.
In the last meeting we learned that everyone shared similar concerns for Newburgh. I have recapped the big ones please tell me if I am missing anything.
1. Crime: Gun Violence, street safety, connecting with the Police department, Public trust
2. Public Health: PFOS, Infrastructure
3. High Taxes: Cost of living, Vacant homes, Home Ownership
4. Living Wage Jobs: Attracting businesses, Filling Vacancies
5. Supporting Vets, Youth, Welfare Services, Youth Involvement
6. Streamlining Codes, Opening Trades, Enabling growth.
Hopefully at this meeting we can brainstorm alternative approaches to solving these complicated issues. By working together as a team we can support each other towards new solutions to solve big problems.
Navigating Newburgh is a monthly community meeting which aims to inform potential first-time homebuyers about real estate opportunities in Newburgh. At the same time, the topics of the meetings and the speakers we invite to lead group conversations often address community issues beyond real estate and home buying. In the past, we have had members of city government, upper level management in the Newburgh police department, and local bank representatives speak. At it’s core, Navigating Newburgh is about building community knowledge. We strive for a kind, open and accepting environment to Navigate within.