- This event has passed.
Quassaick Creek Watershed Alliance Meeting
September 30, 2015 @ 4:25 pm - 6:30 pm
Newburgh Armory Unity Center
Sept. 30, 4:30 PM, 2015
1. Environmental Justice Grant ($50.000 for Muchattoes Lake Trail, etc.) status: Peter Friends of Muchattoes Lake volunteers (including all QCWA volunteers) schedule organized by Jan Allen and Karen Mejia is below.
2. Trees for Tribs: Ted
Oct. 1, fall planting meeting at Algonquin/Cronomer Park for discussion with DEC and Comm. Rose.
3. Need for weed removal at Algonquin Park mill ponds: Jill Enfield
4. Stream Monitoring and Sampling
– Silver Stream and Little Falls Pond walks results: John G, Ted & Jack?
– Stream enterococcus sampling status: John McL, every two years, DEC updates its list of impaired waters (303(d) list). DEC is required under federal law to consider all available data during this process, and June through September 2015 is the data solicitation phase. QCWA/RK will be submitting our entero data for review.
5. Illicit Discharge Identification and Prevention training: Kelly
6. Coming Activities:
Environmental Justice and Education Workshop presented by EPA September 23, Wednesday, two sessions, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. and/or 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
On: Environmental Justice, Indoor Air Quality, Lead Hazards, & Comm. Engagement
At: SUNY – Orange, Kaplan Hall
Hudson River Watershed Alliance Conference
October 29 is the 10th annual watershed conference