- This event has passed.
Newburgh Heights Association Meeting
October 15, 2014 @ 11:00 pm - 12:00 am
Our next Heights meeting will be at 104 S Lander on Wed Oct 15 at 7pm.
WE discussed the following items:
1. Third annual Halloween parade through the Heights neighborhood
MAPS of route in English/Spanish with flyers in English/Spanish Deborah, Rita, Hannah
SOCIAL MEDIA FB, twitter, blogs, so people can also access electronically. Joshua,
NEWSPAPER notices Dae,Hannah
FACE PAINTING on the BLUFF for the 4pm-530pm (young) crowd. Jon, Nadene, Joshua
ORANGE HELIUM BALLOONS at Simple Gifts store 2.00 each. for participating homes.Nancy
2. Dumpster Day, a large dumpster won at a gala auction being donated for Heights use
LOCATION to see if Sal will allow on lot on Lander st, or other central place. Deirdre
DATES and RULES regarding limitations of use. Hannah
FLYERS and SIGNS with rules. Rita
3. Voter registration forms were distributed and encouraged.
4. Volunteers requested for teen programs at the Armory (art, cooking, apps, sports, etc)
5. Deirdre provided updates on Quassaick Creek and Greenway, Armory, Zoning rewrite status with city, IDA property sales. Joshua mentioned creating a NextDoor account for the Heights to help communicate news, issues, assistance. Rita and Hannah discussed central message board to post flyers/news. All discussed need to review bylaws, election process for new members.
NEW ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING:
1. visit from Hour Exchange program explaining how to share skills
2. Joshua to present information on NextDoor in the Heights
3. Kris to recap the Global Industries issues and environmental impact.