YOUNG EMERGING ARTIST BETWEEN AGES 18- 25 YEARS
Ann Street Gallery is pleased to announce an open call for emerging young artists ages 18 to 25 who are invited to submit their work for consideration in our December 2012 group exhibition.
Theme: The Ann Street Gallery provides excellent exhibition opportunities, with over 1,500 square feet of exhibition space to focus on revealing new young talent, ideas, and practices in the contemporary art, and a chance for emerging young artists to gain exposure for their work. The Ann Street Gallery will create a salon-style wall installation of 12″x12″ individual works of all mediums and styles. Up to 200 artists will be selected. Works for consideration may be of any media and any style, including painting, drawing, mixed media, prints, photography, textile, video, ceramic and sculpture. (Ceramic and sculptures may not exceed 50 lbs.) All works must be original, for sale and available for the duration of the exhibition.
- Open to all emerging artists 18 years to 25 years.
- All works must conform to a dimension of 12″ H x 12″ W, inclusive of any framing. Works may be smaller in size, but framing must bring the measurement to 12″x12″.
- Sculpture/Ceramics may be wall mounted either by a hanging device or a shelf measuring 12″ wide and video work must be shown on a hanging apparatus that makes the player 12″x12″.
Juror: Virginia Walsh, Ann Street Gallery Director and Curator of Exhibition.
Award: Four finalists will be selected to comprise a four-person exhibition in the Ann Street Gallery slated for 2014.
Entry deadline: Saturday, October 1, 2012.
- Completed entry form (can be found on our website by clicking here)
- and payment ($25 per artist, link can be found on our website by clicking here) are required for all entries, print entry form and mail to Ann Street Gallery 104 Ann Street, Newburgh, NY 12550, or fill out and send electronically to: email@example.com
The Ann Street Gallery is a nonprofit art gallery specializing in contemporary emerging and established artists. The gallery is located at 104 Ann Street in Newburgh, and NEW gallery hours are Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 am-5:00 pm (closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 pm); Friday and Saturday 11:00 am-5:00 pm.
For more information regarding the Juried Exhibition Open Call and the Ann Street Gallery, contact Virginia Walsh, Director at (845) 784-1146 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.annstreetgallery.org.