Safe Harbors of the Hudson is currently hiring for the position of Public Relations, Communications and Marketing Coordinator.
Safe Harbors is a non-profit redevelopment project located in Newburgh, New York whose mission is transforming lives and building communities through housing and the arts. Safe Harbors operates The Cornerstone, a supportive housing residence for 128 adults, including formerly homeless individuals, people living with mental health diagnoses, victims of domestic violence, veterans, low income working adults and artists in need of affordable live/work space. The Safe Harbors project also includes the Ann Street Gallery, a contemporary arts venue, The Lobby at the Ritz, an intimate performing arts space and the historic Ritz Theater, which is slated for a complete restoration to a state of the art performing arts center. We are a dynamic, evolving
The Public Relations, Communications and Marketing Coordinator will conceptualize, write and distribute public information pieces, including press releases, publications, website copy, annual reports, newsletters and brochures. He/She will work closely with other team members, including the Director of Tenant Services and Special Events, Director of the Ann Street Gallery and Development Coordinator.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Safe Harbors, Ritz Theater and Ann Street Gallery websites
- Photographing and publicizing all events
- Marketing all Safe Harbors, Ritz Theater and Ann Street Gallery events through press releases, fliers, free and paid advertising, social networking and community calendars
- Archiving and distributing PR media clips and photographs
- Coordinating all graphic design projects
- Managing all social networking, including but not limited to: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr and Pinterest
- Managing Constant Contact program and distributing all public emails
- Maintaining and expanding the Safe Harbors, Ritz Theater and Ann Street Gallery brands by utilizing consistent design standards for all communications
- Assisting in tours of the building/project
- Maintaining press kits
- Serving as the first point of email contact for Safe Harbors and the Ritz Theater
- Helping answer office phones
- Demonstrated skills with:
– Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator)
– Web content management systems (particularly WordPress)
– Microsoft Word and Excel, including mail merges and setting up/maintaining spreadsheets and databases
- Flexibility and adaptability to work both independently and as a team member with all levels of staff and management
- Superior administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow up
- Pleasant, professional demeanor
- Belief in and ability to communicate Safe Harbors’ mission
To apply, send a resume and Safe Harbors-specific cover letter (in Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please indicate why you want to work at Safe Harbors and how you think you can contribute to our mission. Inquiries without those items will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.