The Newburgh Community Land Bank (NCLB) seeks a highly effective individual with strong real estate, urban planning and interpersonal skills to lead the organization during its next stage of growth. Link for job listing here
The Executive Director is responsible for implementation of policies set by the Board of Directors as well as annual goals and objectives including financial, program, fundraising, housing development and administrative management. The ED represents the organization before the media and at interagency and government meetings. The ED is the chief person in charge of executing all development projects undertaken by NCLB as well as coordinating future redevelopment plans.
Organizational Leadership and Administration
• Report regularly to and work closely with the Board of Directors and provide staff assistance to its committees including assisting the Board of Directors in its education and development.
• Implement strategic plan and facilitate development of future plans.
• Develop the agency budget and, working with the financial consultants (accountants, auditors, etc.) and Board of Directors, manage all financial projections, reporting and record keeping for sound fiscal management.
• Supervise and evaluate staff and volunteers for implementing the strategic plan and all projects of the Newburgh Community Land Bank.
Program Development and Operations
• Oversee NCLB’s ongoing development and asset management of real estate including evaluating the feasibility and construction of new development projects.
• Manage the development and implementation of programs and projects that further the organization’s mission and goals.
Public Relations, Community Outreach and Fundraising
• Expand partnerships with like-minded organizations and establish relationships with new funders, political and community leaders, and others.
• Identify, pursue, and secure funding to support the organization.
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communications.
• Significant management experience; advanced degree (JD or MUP preferred) in a related field such as urban planning, real estate, or law strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in real estate and community development.
• Evidence of a clear commitment to NCLB’s mission.
• Familiarity with Newburgh and/or Land Banking.
• Creative, entrepreneurial, highly motivated and well organized with exemplary written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to manage staff, develop effective teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, develop and manage a budget.
• Past success working with a Board of Directors.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 12, 2014. Applications received after February 12 will not be reviewed. Because of the volume of applications expected, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
I shared this with senior people at NCRC
Hope it turns up some good candidates!
If they have enough money to pay for staff, when are they going to start returning the $300,000 of the city’s CDBG funds that were used to raze three buildings? The money was directed to a friend of the Mayor’s- a former tenant in her illegal boarding house. That money was supposed to go toward projects that would benefit the community, not some connected people and an unproven organization. How is it that the city had to take money from its CDBG budget- against the recommendation of the city’s appointed CDBG advisory board- to prepare these properties to be handed to the Land Bank- that’s now going to sell those, now improved, properties for their coffers- without compensating the city? So far the Land Bank is just another non-profit pig at the trough of Newburgh’s grant winnings.
I have personally found the current director, Madeline Fletcher, to demonstrate an intelligence, commitment, and responsiveness that is rare. Her desire to do the right thing for Newburgh is clear to me. I hope she is a candidate for ED!