Just announced from the Newburgh Community Land Bank:
Newburgh Community Land Bank is seeking a Part Time Project Manager to assist with the implementation of its Downtown Newburgh Revitalization Plan.
The Project Manager will work under the guidance of the Executive Director to support all aspects of the real estate development process, particularly:
- site identification and evaluation,
- property stabilization and maintenance,
- lead and asbestos abatement
The successful candidate should possess most of the following capabilities:
- excellent organizational ability, a meticulous attention to detail
- superior verbal and written communication skills
- ability to read basic building plans
- ability to manage the solicitation and evaluation of bids for feasibility and price viability
- ability to complete permit and other related applications
- ability to demonstrate good judgment and professional demeanor
- proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- skill with Google Sketch Up or other basic drafting software
- professional manner necessary to appear before boards and commissions when required
The project manager will be compensated on an hourly basis and the hours required for this work will vary widely week to week from 5 hours to 25 hours. Candidates from the region with experience in the City of Newburgh and qualified local community members are especially encouraged to apply. In addition, NCLB will consider proposals for services from qualified local contractors or other teams or entities with experience dealing with construction and environmental remediation.
The expected start date is May 2014. This is a 2 year grant funded position.
*The ability to demonstrate significant and lengthy experience working in the construction and development fields, including project management and construction supervision. A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
*Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Urban Planning or a related development field preferred with 2-4 years experience in one or more aspects of real estate development. A relevant graduate degree may substitute for some of the experience where the candidate can demonstrate the skill set described above,
*Experience working with or in the City of Newburgh is strongly preferred.
Please submit resumes and/or proposals to Madeline Fletcher via email: email@example.com