Administrative Assistant and Special Projects Coordinator
The Newburgh Community Land Bank is seeking a dynamic professional to serve as an administrative assistant and special projects coordinator on a part time basis (20 hours/wk). This individual will help with the day to day operations of the Land Bank and assist with new projects as they arise.
The administrative responsibilities include:
- Answering the Land Bank’s main phone line and responding to general inquiries about the Land Bank’s properties and programs
- Explaining process and requirements for purchasing properties to potential buyers
- Fielding comments and complaints about properties
- Taking messages and assisting with scheduling
- Assisting the director with sorting and responding to correspondence
- Assisting the director in preparing materials for board meeting and other large group meetings
- Assist with acquisition process—review parties’ qualifications, outreach to interested applicants, order titles and appraisals and other transactional documents, maintaining records appropriately
- Data entry and routine maintenance of a property inventory database
- Scheduling property tours and site inspections and coordinating with property management
- Special projects duties may include assisting the director and project manager with:
- Tracking costs and grants
- Grant writing
- Data collection and analysis
- Land Bank website and social media
- Community engagement
- Research and reporting on best practices of land bank and similar initiatives
- Other projects, as assigned and of interest to the individual
Be proficient with Microsoft Office; Excellent written and communication skills; Attention to detail and understanding complex processes; Professional demeanor and capacity to calmly and appropriately respond to resident and customer inquiries; Strong work ethic and interest in the Land Bank’s mission; Willing to learn new skills and respond to a dynamic environment. College degree, Spanish speaking and Newburgh residency are a plus.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by October 10, 2014. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.