How to File a Complaint About a Zombie Property

Zombie properties are abandoned homes with no one taking care of them. They are homes stuck in the foreclosure process. Banks often say they are not responsible for the property until the foreclosure process has been completed, but that is now changing as mortgage companies are being pressured to assume more responsibilities. Banks and mortgage companies are now adopting best practices that will apply to first-lien mortgages on residential homes.

If you a zombie property is affecting the area where you live you can make a complaint on the NYS Department of Financial Services website.