Newburgh Last Satudays are back for the month of August with some exciting events happening this month. This is a day when businesses stay open later and special events happen to encourage tourism and economic development of downtown Newburgh. For more information, check out the Facebook fanpage and on social media: #NBLS, #NewburghLastSaturdays, #NBNYARTS, #NBNYMUSIC. Below is the line up of events.
- CLOSING ART EXHIBIT + OPEN MIC: FAST.BACK. Photography Exhibit Closing + Open Mic Poetry & Music, doors open 5pm, open mic at 7pm. Space Create, 115 Broadway
- ART: Voices – Art That Speaks, juried show benefitting Mental Health Association of Orange County Rape Crisis, Mindy Ross Gallery at SUNY Orange, Grand & First 5-8pm. Piano by Emily Landsman and refreshments in the lobby
- MUSIC: Queen of the Hudson Concert Series continues with Pala Garcia – the Ciaccona movement of Bach’s D minor partita, $20 donation per person. Atlas Studios, 11 Spring Street, 1st Floor
- NEWBURGH’S BRICK STREET BLOCK PARTY at 261 Liberty Street, benefit for Habitat for Humanity, starts at 12noon. Music, vendors, food, fun!
- COOKING DEMO: Newburgh’s Eco Shrimp Farm + Local Made Spices meet up for a demo and taste test at Newburgh Mercantile, 75 Broadway 12-2pm
- ART: Melange at Ann Street Gallery, 104 Ann Street, closing show today, open till 8pm
- SPECIAL MEDITATION: The Golden Hour Meditation by donation 11:30am at APG Pilates, 87 Liberty Street
- PILATES: APG Pilates/Wellness House at 87 Liberty St
Intro Reformer Class at 2pm & 3:15Pm $15 per person
- SHOP: Newburgh Mercantile, 75 Broadway *Saturday 1 – 6pm. Locally sourced, artisan made gifts and home furnishings + custom framing
- SHOP: Newburgh Art Supply, 5 Grand Street, heart of the Newburgh art scene and founders of Newburgh Open Studios!
- SHOP: Palate Wine & Spirits, 115 Liberty Street, 12-9pm
- SHOP: Eco Shrimp Garden – NYS first shrimp farm right here in Newburgh! 99 South William Street, 11-2pm
Is the ferry running on that Saturday?
Yes! here is a link for the times on google: