The weekly link roundup is a collection of links related to Newburgh, revitalization, urban planning and anything else that might inspire change or create dialogue. Photo by Cher Vick
- Newburgh police to open city satellite station [MHN]
- Major expansion plans for cidery in Newburgh [THR]
- Support grows for Quassaick Creek trail in Newburgh [THR]
- Newburgh budget proposal includes hike in property taxes [THR]
- Aqueduct repair leads to revamp of Newburgh railroad crossing [THR]
- Habitat Newburgh marks its 20th anniversary with 100th home [MHN]
County may sell 3 Newburgh buildings after plans for SUNY Orange expansion fail [THR]
Add your own photos depicting city life to the Newburgh Restoration flickr pool to be used on the blog, or email me. **Flickr users please do not forget to remove disabling of downloading of pictures. Otherwise, I can’t use them** Please do not take photos for your own use without consulting the photographer.
Calling Mr. Duffy, Charles Duffy please report to the City of Newburgh City Hall…and bring your 2019 budget calculations. Thank you. – “I know that Mr. Duffy has spent the week really coming up to speed, double checking the numbers on a lot of things…Mr. Duffy has also met with the various dept. heads…”. https://newburghny.swagit.com/play/10182018-1095 item 3. That said, “What we have to keep in mind, that our budget has to be approved by the NYS Office of the NYS Comptroller.” https://newburghny.swagit.com/play/11142018-1477 item 5 18:45 in. Fast forward to Oct. 15, 2019…the ubiquitous ‘we didn’t see it coming’.
I hope that “cidery” or “distillery” intends on producing a 90 proof just for the residents of the ‘Burgh to deal with this nonsense… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vedgTokXj04&list=PL5W5o7lngdtn52bQ8AW9wpbA_gBBsCFjw&index=6