In a city needing so much help to create reform, volunteers are needed. Newburgh definitely has opportunities for those wanting to help make a change. Reserve a Saturday a month away from your own restoration project and offer yourself to the many volunteer based organizations that Newburgh has to offer.
Dutch Reform Church and other associations – a National Historic Landmark
They need volunteers to:
- Be a guide or greater at DRC open houses
- Update membership lists and address envelopes etc.
- Help clean the building or grounds
- Bring school trips to see the DRC
- Bring brochures to places where people will see them
- Take pictures at events
Newburgh Habitat for Humanity – helps build and restore homes for needy families. All skill levels are welcome.
They need volunteers who:
- Can volunteer a Wednesday or Saturday from 8am-1pm individually or in groups of 5 or more
- Greet, host, and orient volunteers on site
- Can help inventory organize tools and equipment
- Help clean sites by removing garbage or recycling
- Help stock sites or make truck runs
- Help in the office with data entry and other duties
- Help with coffee break preperations
- Serve on committees
Big Brothers Big Sisters – a mentoring program for youth
They need volunteers who can help with:
- Their mission– to enrich the lives of children who are in need of additional support and guidance
- Their goal – To assist each child today so that they can set goals to succeed, increasing the potential for their success to self and their community.
- Their vision – To involve the community of young adults, adults and retirees to mentor children & youth through offering unique programs & opportunities.
Newburgh YMCA Thrift Shop – help in the shop
They need volunteers who can:
- work Friday afternoon 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturdays 10 am – 1 p.m.
They need volunteers to help with:
- Office support
- The Wand (Information Central)
- and so many other things I can’t list them all. Click on the site